Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
If you are in a Emergency regarding Water in your home or business, Please follow some of these tips to help you avoid any dangerous situations.
- It is important to contact a professional when handling any damage in your home because one they know what they are doing and it can be dangerous
- If things are still wet from the water, its important to make sure that everything is completely dry to further move on the process
- Lastly, it is important to replace any damaged materials in your home or business. Unfortunately, somethings cannot be replaced.
These might be obvious tips. However, they are very crucial to follow.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (631) 661-3802
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.