What Is Black Mold?
Mold can be red,white, green and black. If the mold is not black than obviously it is not Black Mold. Black mold is the worse out of them all and MUST be prevented. When dealing with this type of mold it is very important that you make sure you take the proper safety precautions to avoid contact with it. It can be toxic so PLEASE BE CAREFUL. Here are a few ways to prevent Black Mold:
- Avoid water near your home
- Keep things such as wood or any object outside the best you possibly can
- Keep humidifiers around areas that are water prone
- If your basement is prone to flooding, please fix the issue as soon as you can
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Babylon / Deer Park immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (631) 661-3802
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Babylon / Deer Park is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- West Babylon
- Deer Park
- North Babylon