How to Dry Water Intrusion in your home or business
SERVPRO was called to save this carpet from mold
This photo was taken awhile back from mold damage. Unfortunately, mold damage can occur from anything related to water in the area that their was mold. Anything, from a leaky pipe to a flood mold damage can happen in the most inconvenient times. It is highly important that the mold is cleaned and taken care of properly.
Here are some tips to properly dry the water intrusion to prevent mold growth:
- Moisture levels in all affected building components should be measured to determine where the water damage has occurred.
- Hidden moisture, such as in ceiling plenums and wall cavities, must be tracked and measured.
- The right equipment for the job must be properly placed for rapid drying.
- Daily moisture readings should be recorded and reported (a critical defense in case of health effects).
- Determine the building’s normal moisture level and document goal attainment.
We hope mold growth never occurs in your home, but if it does SERVPRO of Babylon/ Deer Park is always here to help 24/7 for emergency services. "Like it never even happened." Call us with any questions, estimates, concerns and more information at 631-661-3802
A big mess is now in need of a cleanup
This job was done a two years ago. The problem was the massive amounts of stuff piled up from years and years of not being cleaned. It was time something was done. Dirt and dust has accumulated on the items in the basement. Here are some steps to help clean up a disaster in your home:
- First off, if you left most of those things in the basement for years you probably do not want them anymore, THROW IT OUT!
- After you have thrown out all the unwanted things its time for you to remove any carpet or flooring that was too damaged to be salvaged.
- Next, you must clean the floor and ceilings and make sure it's ready for any new carpet or flooring you want to put in
- Lastly, you add new flooring or carpet to your room and you MUST maintain this in order to prevent another cleanup.
SERVPRO of Babylon/Deer Park is an emergency fire and water company. We are always here to help 24/7 for emergency services. "Like it never even happened." Please give us a call at 631-661-3802
How to Prevent Basement Flooding
Basement flooding can be prevented
Obviously, having water damage in your basement is an unfortunate event to happen in your home, but here are some ways to prevent water damage:
1. Check for Leakage
- Check for dark spots under pipes inside sink cabinets, stains on ceilings, toilets that rock, and of course, drips.
- At least once a year, inspect your roof. This is very important. Repair missing, loose, and damaged shingles. Repair any cracked caulking and check for leaks around flashing
2. Sump Pumps
Make sure you test sump pumps regularly to ensure they will work during a flood. Here is how to do test them.
- Slowly fill the sump pump pit with water. Watch for the “float” (similar to the float in your toilet) to rise, which should turn on the pump. Then watch to make sure the water level falls.
- Test your backup pump the same way, but unplug the main pump first.
- You want your sump pumps to work to prevent any floods from happening
We at SERVPRO of Babylon/Deer Park are always here to help with any Water Damage issues. 24/7. Just give us a call at 631-661-3802 "Like it never even happened."
Cleaning your home after Water Damage
Drying up the water damage in this home.
It is very important that you maintain the cleanliness of your home after water damage to prevent mold growth. This is not only mold growth but just in general. Here are tips to help the process of cleaning your home or business after water damage.
- Disconnect the power, unplug any electronics, and remove electronics, furniture, and movable items immediately.
- Get rid of the water as best as possible
- Dry out the affected area to prevent more mold growth
- Disinfect the affected areas to prevent mold growth
- Dispose of damaged items responsibly. The damaged items can be taken to a recycling center instead of to the landfill.
SERVPRO of Babylon/ Deer Park is here to help clean up and restore the water damage and prevent mold growth. He are available 24/7. Call us at 631-661-3802
Fire Damage in Home
fire damage on the floor of a basement
This photo was taken after fire damage in a home. The crew was there to help and the situation was taken care of. Obviously, fire damage in your home is very devastating.
Before the professionals start your fire damage restoration project, here are some things to do after a fire:
- Limit activity and foot traffic in your home. Staying off of carpet, furniture, and upholstery is key to preventing soot, dirt, and other particles from getting trapped all around your home.
- If you do need to get around your home quite a bit, put down clean towels or sheets on the floor and furniture.
- If possible, change filters in your home to keep dirt and soot from circulating.
- Don’t try to wash the walls or carpet — leave that for the professionals to avoid permanent damage.
- Don’t try to clean kitchen appliances yourself. After a fire, electrical connections and wiring may be damaged and could cause further problems if not cleaned carefully and correctly. Leave it to professionals to take care of that
Here at SERVPRO of Babylon/ Deer Park is always here for you, your home and your business. Please give us a call at 631-661-380
Frequent Mold Q&As
Mold Questions and Answers:
Q: Do I have to clean everything in my house or just the major things like clothing and furniture?
A: You should clean everything to ensure it's all gone and will not come back, specifically the places that had the most mold.
Q: Which places have the highest rates of mold exposure?
A: Saunas, showers, greenhouses, homes that have a water intrusion issue, etc.
Q: How do I get rid of mold in my home/business?
A: Some mold spores will be found floating through the air and in house dust. If there is mold growth in your home, you must clean up the mold and fix the water problem. You must fix the water problem completely otherwise the mold will grow back.
Mold can happen anywhere and happens to us all. Here at SERVPRO of Babylon/ Deer Park, we can help in all 911 emergencies when it comes to Fire and Water restoration and mold remediation. Please give us a call at 631-661-3802. We are here to help 24/7 "Like it never even happened."
WE ARE CLEANING EXPERTS
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are
specialists in cleaning services and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope
of work that regular janitorial staff performs on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures,
toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
• Kitchen/Food Areas
• Retail Spaces
• Water Fountains
• Sales Counters
• Carpets and Rugs
• Stair Handrails
• Elevator Cars
• Playground Equipment
• Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends the usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus.
Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no
product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Babylon/Deer Park at 631-661-3802
OIL BURNER FIRE DAMAGE
basement stairs were damaged
When the smoke clears out and the firefighters leave, it can seem like the worst is over and your home is safe from further damage, but without a professional emergency response team, acidic soot, smoke, and lingering odor will continue to deteriorate your property. Whether you have experienced a small fire or a complete burndown, you need a team of experts to assess the situation, stop the immediate damage, secure your property and make sure the damage is all cleaned. From simple boarding to temporary protection, we at SERVPRO of Babylon/Deer Park have the equipment and expertise necessary to help you through the restoration process, we are always here. Our expert staff will monitor the damage, provide the necessary fire damage repairs, and assist in settling the property loss claim on your behalf.
We thrive for your complete satisfaction with our fire damage and restoration services and hope you will use us for any future damage. Please call SERVPRO of Babylon/Deer Park at 631-661-3802 for any water/ fire damage. We are here 24/7 when you need us.
Emergency Flooding at an Elementary School
Emergency flood at Elementary School
This school had an abundance of water in it last April. This was a very urgent matter because the school was still in session at the time. This situation needed to be fixed immediately so nothing will be disturbed. SERVPRO of Babylon/Deer Park was called to solve the issue.
The first thing that needed to be done was to clear everything off the floors. Also, get rid of anything that was damaged in the water. After that, the area (floors, walls, etc.) was sanitized and then it was dried properly. No bleach or other substances was added because that can cause mold. The situation was taken care of professionally.
Please give us a call at 631-661-3802 for any emergencies or questions. We are open 24/7 for our community. We are here to help "Like it never even happened."
Serving our Community
This is our current SERVPRO truck
SERVPRO of Babylon/ Deer Park aspires to have the best of the best trucks and basically everything when helping our customers with their homes and businesses. We like for all our customers to be satisfied and happy at the end of each job that we do. We strive to have the best workers, staff, equipment. We love serving our community and working with them as well. Being involved in the community as well as being apart of the community is what SERVPRO wants to achieve. That is our goal.
Please give us a call at 631-661-3802 for any questions, concerns, scheduling an appointment, and more. We are open 24 hours and 7 days a week. We are always here to help!! "Like it never even happened."