Fire damage in home
Pictured: A fire caused the home severe damage
This photo was taken after fire damage in a home. The crew was there to help and the situation was taken care of. Obviously, fire damage in your home is very devastating.
Before the professionals start your fire damage restoration project, here are some things to do after a fire:
- Limit activity and foot traffic in your home. Staying off of carpet, furniture, and upholstery is key to preventing soot, dirt, and other particles from getting trapped all around your home.
- If you do need to get around your home quite a bit, put down clean towels or sheets on the floor and furniture.
- If possible, change filters in your home to keep dirt and soot from circulating.
- Don’t try to wash the walls or carpet — leave that for the professionals to avoid permanent damage.
- Don’t try to clean kitchen appliances yourself. After a fire, electrical connections and wiring may be damaged and could cause further problems if not cleaned carefully and correctly. Leave it to professionals to take care of that
Here at SERVPRO of Babylon/ Deer Park is always here for you, your home and your business. Please give us a call at 631-661-3802.
Accumulated mess is now in desperate need of a cleanup
A very much messy basement, need a hefty cleanup
This job was done last April. The problem was the massive amounts of stuff piled up from years and years of not being cleaned. It was time something was done. Dirt and dust has accumulated on the items in the basement. Here are some steps to help clean up a disaster in your home:
- First off, if you left most of those things in the basement for years you probably do not want them anymore, THROW IT OUT!
- After you have thrown out all the unwanted things its time for you to remove any carpet or flooring that was too damaged to be salvaged.
- Next, you must clean the floor and ceilings and make sure its ready for any new carpet or flooring you want to put in
- Lastly, you add new flooring or carpet to your room and you MUST maintain this in order to prevent another cleanup.
SERVPRO of Babylon/Deer Park is always here to help 24/7 "Like it never even happened." Please give us a call at 631-661-3802
Super Storm Sandy Water Damaged Home After 5 Years
Picture of home not being taken care of after 5 years
This home was left after Hurricane Sandy due to water damage. it is now being worked on 5 years after the storm. From the moisture of the water that was left their, it began to peel the paint off the walls. It has also began to grow mold and slowly deteriorate the home. This is unhealthy for the home to be left like this for too long.
it is very important that immediately after any water damage that you have it restored in order to prevent any further damage also so this does not happen again. A home that is abandon for long periods of time can be dangerous. PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
Obviously, hurricanes and natural disasters are incredibly devastating. SERVPRO of Babylon/ Deer Park is here to help for any water damage or restoration purposes. Give us a call at 631-661-3802. We are open 24/7, so give us a call whenever needed.
Cleaning home after water damage
Process of cleaning the home after emergency water damage
It is very important that you maintain the cleanliness of your home after water damage to prevent mold growth. This is not only mold growth but just in general. Here are tips to help the process of cleaning your home or business after water damage.
- Disconnect the power, unplug any electronics, and remove electronics, furniture and movable items immediately.
- Get rid of the water as best as possible
- Dry out the affected area to prevent more mold growth
- Disinfect the affected areas to prevent mold growth
- Dispose of damaged items responsibly. The damaged items can be taken to a recycle center instead of to the landfill.
SERVPRO of Babylon/ Deer Park is here to help clean up and restore the water damage and prevent mold growth. Call us at 631-661-3802
Frequent Mold questions and answers
Black mold in the basement, needed to be cleaned
Mold Questions and Answers:
Q: Do I have to clean everything in my house or just the major things like clothing and furniture?
A:You should clean everything to ensure its all gone and will not comeback specifically the places that had the most mold
Q: Which places have the highest rates of mold exposure?
A: Saunas, showers, greenhouses, homes that have a water intrusion issue and etc.
Q: How do I get rid of mold in my home/business?
A: Some mold spores will be found floating through the air and in house dust. If there is mold growth in your home, you must clean up the mold and fix the water problem. You must fix the water problem completely otherwise the mold will grow back
Mold can happen anywhere and happens to us all. Here at SERVPRO of Babylon/ Deer Park we can help in all 911 emergencies when it comes to Fire and Water restoration. Please give us a call at 631-661-3802. We are here to help like it never even happened.
How to prevent Water Damage in your Basement
Flood in the Basement
Obviously, having water damage in your basement is an an unfortunate event to happen in your home, but here are some ways to prevent water damage:
1. Check for Leakage
- Check for dark spots under pipes inside sink cabinets, stains on ceilings, toilets that rock, and of course drips.
- At least once a year, inspect your roof. This is very important. Repair missing, loose, and damaged shingles. Repair any cracked caulking and check for leaks around flashing
2. Sump Pumps
Make sure you test sump pumps regularly to ensure they will work during a flood. Here is how to do test them.
- Slowly fill the sump pump pit with water. Watch for the “float” (similar to the float in your toilet) to rise, which should turn on the pump. Then watch to make sure the water level falls.
- Test your backup pump the same way, but unplug the main pump first.
- You always want your sump pumps to work to prevent any floods from happening
We at SERVPRO of Babylon/Deer Park are always here to help with any Water Damage issues. 24/7. Just give us a call at 631-661-3802 "Like it never even happened."
Mold Damage in Factory
Mold that has developed in factory
We know mold and mildew is incredibly problematic and were here to help with some tips to deal with it
Mold and Mildew
- Mildew can have a downy or powdery appearance. It can begin as yellow spots that gradually get larger and change to brown.
- Mold is fuzzy in appearance and comes in all shapes and sizes. It could be orange, green, purple, black, brown, or pink.
- its inevitable that when their is a leaking pipe that mold will come after it. Please call a professional
- it is best to have someone take a look at it. SERVPRO of Babylon/ Deer Park will help take care of it. The sooner we can take a look at the leaking pipes, the better. Then we can assess the mold and let you know how best to deal with it.
We at SERVPRO of Babylon/ Deer Park are here to help you with any problems or concerns for mold remediation. Please give us a call at 631-661-3802
Oil Burner Fire Damage
Stairs affected by fire
When the smoke clears out and the firefighters leave, it can seem like the worst is over and your home is safe from further damage, but without a professional emergency response team, acidic soot, smoke and lingering odor will continue to deteriorate your property.Whether you have experienced a small fire or a complete burn down, you need a team of experts to assess the situation, stop the immediate damage, and secure your property and make sure the damage is all cleaned. From simple boarding to temporary protection, we at SERVPRO of Babylon/Deer Park have the equipment and expertise necessary to help you through the restoration process, we are always here. Our expert staff will monitor the damage, provide the necessary fire damage repairs, and assist in settling the property loss claim on your behalf. We thrive for your complete satisfaction of our fire damage and restoration services and hopes you will use us for any future damage. Please call SERVPRO of Babylon/Deer Park at 631-661-3802 for any water/ fire damage. We are here 24/7 for when you need us.
Emergency in school
Cleanup in a school
This school had a lot of water damage last April. This was very urgent because school was still in session and it needed to be fixed immediately so nothing will be disturbed. SERVPRO of Babylon/Deer Park was called to solve the issue.
First thing that needed to be done was clear everything off the floors. Also, get rid of anything that was damaged in the water. After that the area (floors, walls, etc.) was sanitized and then it was dried properly. No bleach or other substances was added because that can cause mold. The situation was taken care of professionally.
Please give us a call at 631-661-3802 for any emergencies or questions. We are open 24/7 for our community. We are here to help "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Babylon/Deer Park 24/7 Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Babylon/Deer Park is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (631)661-3802
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Babylon/Deer Park has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Babylon/Deer Park
SERVPRO of Babylon/Deer Park specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. We also do air duct and carpet cleanings. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. We are here to help, "Like it never even happened."