Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold Damage Tips
It is very important when dealing with mold that it is taken care of by a professional and is taken care of properly. If not it can harm you and others.
1) Do not be near (at all times) the affected areas unless you are properly protected from its harmful toxins.
2) DO NOT spray bleach and other substances at the mold because it will make it worse.
3) You need to dry out the area of mold, however it needs to be professionally done with certain equipment.
Please give us a call at 631-661-3802 for any mold damage and or fire/water. We are open 24/7 and also here to help, "Like it never even happened."
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (631) 661-3802
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Babylon / Deer Park for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Babylon / Deer Park has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- West Babylon
- Deer Park
- North Babylon