Cleaning home after water damage
It is very important that you maintain the cleanliness of your home after water damage to prevent mold growth. This is not only mold growth but just in general. Here are tips to help the process of cleaning your home or business after water damage.
- Disconnect the power, unplug any electronics, and remove electronics, furniture, and movable items immediately.
- Get rid of the water as best as possible
- Dry out the affected area to prevent more mold growth
- Disinfect the affected areas to prevent mold growth
- Dispose of damaged items responsibly. The damaged items can be taken to a recycling center instead of to the landfill.
SERVPRO of Babylon/ Deer Park is here to help clean up and restore the water damage and prevent mold growth. Call us at 631-661-3802