Fire damage in home
This photo was taken after fire damage in a home. The crew was there to help and the situation was taken care of. Obviously, fire damage in your home is very devastating.
Before the professionals start your fire damage restoration project, here are some things to do after a fire:
- Limit activity and foot traffic in your home. Staying off of carpet, furniture, and upholstery is key to preventing soot, dirt, and other particles from getting trapped all around your home.
- If you do need to get around your home quite a bit, put down clean towels or sheets on the floor and furniture.
- If possible, change filters in your home to keep dirt and soot from circulating.
- Don’t try to wash the walls or carpet — leave that for the professionals to avoid permanent damage.
- Don’t try to clean kitchen appliances yourself. After a fire, electrical connections and wiring may be damaged and could cause further problems if not cleaned carefully and correctly. Leave it to professionals to take care of that
Here at SERVPRO of Babylon/ Deer Park is always here for you, your home and your business. Please give us a call at 631-661-3802.