Preparing for a Thunderstorm
Thunderstorms can be more dangerous than you think! They happen often and can cause a lot of damage to your home. Of course, there are ways to help prevent this.
To prepare for a Thunderstorm, you should do the following:
- You should build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan. In order, to prevent any chaos.
- Remove dead or rotting trees and branches that could fall and cause injury or damage.
- Secure outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage.
- Get inside a home, building, or hard top automobile so you are safe (not a convertible).
- Shutter windows and secure outside doors so they do not swing open and to avoid rain from coming in. If shutters are not available, close window blinds, shades or curtains.
- Unplug any electronic equipment well before the storm arrives.
- Last but not least act smart. Thunder storms can be dangerous.
Here are some facts about Thunderstorms!
- They may occur singly, in clusters or in lines.
- Some of the most severe occur when a single Thunderstorm affects one location for an extended time.
- Warm, humid conditions are highly favorable for Thunderstorm development.
When Storms hit SERVPRO of Babylon/ Deer Park is Ready! Please give us a call at 631-661-3802. We are always here to help 24/7. "Like it never even happened."